Collection of Your Personal Information
We collect information as part of operating our Website and services.
• At ESMD website, we ask members to provide personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address, or telephone number. We may also collect demographic information, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites. If you choose to register for a meeting or sign up for a paid subscription service, we will connect you through to our payment gateway partner who will ask for additional information, in a secure environment, such as your credit card number and billing address.
• In order to access certain parts of the ESMD website, you will be asked to sign in with a login and password.
• We might collect additional information about your interaction ESMD website pages and services without identifying you as an individual. For example, we receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses. We also might use Web site analytics tools on our sites to retrieve information from your browser, including the site you came from, the search engine(s) and the keywords you used to find our site, the pages you view within our site, your browser add-ons, and your browser's width and height.
• We use technologies, such as cookies and web beacons (described below), to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our sites and services.
• When you receive newsletters, we may use web beacons (described below), customized links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you more focused e-mail communications or other information.
Use of Your Personal Information
ESMD collects and uses your personal information to operate and improve its site and services. These uses include providing you with more effective members service.
We also use your personal information to communicate with you. We may send certain service communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, information. You can opt-out from receiving newsletters anytime by following the steps as described in the respective newsletter or by mailing our ESMD secretariat. Personal information collected on ESMD site may be stored and processed.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
Except as described in this statement, we will not disclose your personal information outside of ESMD without your consent. Being an ESMD member, you are entitled to have your personal information displayed in the members list at the website. This is a personal privilege and members are individually responsible for their personal information that is placed on the website. Editing this information is possible through login with your personal members login and password.
ESMD occasionally hires other companies (vendor) to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of mailings, publications, hosting websites, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. Those service providers will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose than for delivering the service to ESMD in accordance with ESMD's instructions and policies. However, our vendors may use aggregate data for fraud detection to help improve their services. This helps them to more accurately detect fraudulent transactions. We may access or disclose information about you, including the content of your communications, in order to: (a) comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of ESMD or our customers, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the services.
Accessing Your Personal Information
Being an ESMD member, some ESMD services give you the ability to view or edit your personal information online. To help prevent your personal information from being viewed by others, you first will be required to sign in.
In case you cannot access personal data collected by ESMD site or services via the edit link, ESMD may provide you with alternative means of access to your data. In any case, you can contact ESMD by using the contact link.
Security of Your Personal Information
ESMD is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information we collect on computer systems with limited access, which are located in controlled facilities. If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Most Web sites use "cookies," which are small text files placed on your hard disk by a Web server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to store your preferences and other information on your computer in order to save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information and to display your personalized content and targeted advertising on your later visits to these sites.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of sites and services that depend on cookies, and some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected.
If you choose to accept cookies, you also have the ability to later delete cookies that you have accepted. For example, in Internet Explorer 8, you can delete cookies by selecting "Tools", "Delete browsing history". Then select the control box "Cookies" and click the "Delete" button. If you choose to delete cookies, any settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
Use of Web Beacons
Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web beacons - sometimes called single-pixel gifs - that may be used to assist in delivering cookies on our sites and allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. We prohibit Web beacons on our sites from being used by third parties to collect or access your personal information.
Enforcement of This Privacy Statement
If you have questions regarding this statement, you should contact us by using the contact link on the ESMD website.